November 17, 2008

Kidney stones + Pregnancy = DEATH

So, last week I had a major scare!! I was having major pressure and contracting, I will save you many details! But, of course I couldnt get through to my dr. but, I was in serious pain. I finally had a nurse call me back(on Wednesday) and tell me to rush to labor and delivery and be checked! WHAT!! I am only 23.5 weeks!! Needless to say I was freakin out, I couldnt get a hold of Jon at work and I really wanted him to take me so all I could do was wait until he got home. We went into labor and delivery and they hooked me up checked the bade and he was fine, kickin away. But, I was having contractions after several not fun tests they decided I had a kidney stone. So, they sent me home and told me because I am prego all I can take for the pain is tylenol. By, friday I was feeling better but didnt think I passed it so I went and had an ultrasound in radialogy at the hospital and then to my doctor. He told me I passed it (Probably before I even went to labor and delivery!!) and I was doing fine! I was a little ticked that I had to go through all of this only for it to already be over but, at least I know the baby is fine and healthy! I was just afraid they would put me on bed rest which would totally suck with the holidays coming most especially "Black Friday"!

11 comments:

The Wards said...

Hi Kassie!!

First, Hayden made the CUTEST Buz!!!! Some of the Disney costumes aren't my favorite, but I LOVED his!!!

I feel bad about the kidney stones. I never had them, but my sister did and according to her, they are the WORST!!! I'm glad that besides those dang stones that you and baby are doing great!

Ashley said...

Sorry you were feeling so crappy! I can't imagine that felt good while being prego. The only thing that was good about the situation is that you got an ultrasound. However, given the circumstances i'm sure it wasn't fun. I'm excited to see you on Thursday!

Natalie Carver said...

Oh I am so sorry! I am so happy that you and the baby are ok!

Hayden looks so cute in his halloween costume! That is the perfect picture!

Also I love your family pics that are on Stephs blog! You look gorgeous! And I want to see your tummy! I couldnt see a dang thing in that picture!

Salina said...

How scary! Glad everything is OK now!

Melinda said...

I'm sorryto hear and glad you are doing ok! and the baby is fine too! That would definitely be scary if you were already having him! So glad all is well:)

Kara said...

Oh man! I am glad that you are doing fine! That is nice though that it wasn't as painful as everyone says! YAY! :) Or maybe it was and you just have a really high pain tolerence :)

BaconandBitch said...

Okay, so I have no idea what kidney stones or labor pains are like but from what I hear from my patients at the hospital each are death! I am glad that you are okay!

Erin Stones said...

I totally feel for you. I had to have my gall bladder out just after Liberty was born, so I know a little bit about those TERRIBLE pains! (A gall bladder attack is PURE HELL, seriously!) I was glad that I wasn't still pregnant when it all happened- but it was FAR worse than labor pains ever were. Hopefully you won't have any more. We missed you last Friday, but it was good to see Jon and your cute little guy- hopefully we'll get together sooner than later this next time.

Kara said...

Hey, I left my phone on top of my car so I lost all of my numbers!! I am a nerd I know! So, email me your number! karabpeterson@yahoo.com

Hess Fam said...

SCARY!!! I am so glad that you are feeling better. And what would I do if I didn't see you on Black Friday??? Lets bet I bet this year we run into each other at Walmart and Target! I'll be looking for you!

Alexie said...

OK, that sucks! I have a history of Kidney stones (i've had 5) and they BITE! You have my sympathies, and a ride to the hospital and a babysitter if that ever happens again.