May 28, 2008

Craziest Thing we have ever done!!






Jon and I went to the Bahamas a few weeks ago and did the craziest thing... We snorkeled with sharks! We both love sharks and when we went to Hawaii we did an excursion with sharks but we were in a cage. So, when I heard of this excursion I knew we had to do it. They take you snorkeling to 3 places off the coast. The first stop was a reef and the sharks were really cool, the second stop was at the place they filmed Jaws with the sunken airplane but, at the third stop they stop the boat and sharks are just circling the boat. They throw a bait box down about 10 feet and then a rope and tell you to hold on to the rope and jump in. I was freaked out. We were in the back of the boat and they only gave you one chance to get in. So, I went for it. I jumped in the water and probably 15-20 5 ft sharks were circling us. I went into shock!! But, it was the coolest thing I have ever done, I still dont know how I did it but, it was amazing!! Here are some pics of how close we were to the sharks! Oh, and please ignore all the pics of my bum!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Yikes! How crazy is that! How did you get in the water? So cool though!

Matt & Darla said...

That would be SO COOL!!! It would be scary, but awesome! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
Here's my blog address.
mattdarlanelson.blogspot.com

Natalie Carver said...

I had to show Tony this! He loves to scuba (that is all the boys did in Hawaii) and this is his dream to do what you and Jon did! He was so jealous to see those pics! It looks so scary, I can't believe you did that! I did something like that but with Mantarays and it was a night dive. That was scary but also the coolest thing I haved ever done! You are a little dare devil! I need your address so I can add you to my blog! See you soon!

Salina said...

You'd NEVER find me swimming with SHARKS!! NEVER! I'm way too much of a chicken! You are a dare devil! How fun! The pictures are great! Did you have to rent an underwater camera, or do you have one that does that?

Hess Fam said...

Yea!! I am glad that you finally have a blog!!! I can not believe that you swam with sharks!!!! SCARY!!!! Seriously we need to get together!! We suck!

Anderson Family said...

Omigoodness! You all are crazy! I wish I was that daring. I don't think I could do that with out having a heart attack!

Lindsey said...

Hey Kassie,this Lindsey Cowley from your old ward. Ok, I cannot believe you did that. I get nightmares just watching sharks on t.v. CRAZY! your so brave. I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog. I'm glad I can keep in touch now.

McKenzie said...

Who loves sharks?? Do I even know you Kassie??? That is crazy!! On our honeymoon we saw a hammerhead shark swim right by the side of our cruise ship and it freaked me out! But I would probably jump in too if I were there. You would have regretted it forever if you chickened out!

Janae said...

You guys are amazing!!! I would love to hear more about your trip. I've been thinking about you!! Shoot me an email: janae.jakins@gmail.com; we will be coming back to the ward on Sunday....