February 4, 2009

January Slump

I know, I havent posted for a long time but I am waiting for something exciting to happen!!! January was kind of a bore. With the cold weather, me being 8 months prego I really have no ambition to do much (sorry, Hayden) Luckily he is perfectly content staying home. But, I was able to find my camera so that is exciting however, I havent taken any pics in a while! I know, I am lame. We have been preparing for the baby to come, over christmas break Jon spent almost every day working on the nursery. Of course I wouldn't let him get away with just a can of paint. Pics will be coming.... MAYBE. Than of course jon brought up the crib from the basement and I got this "fabulous" idea to stain the crib a darker shade!! DISASTER!! Now, we have opted to have to just paint it. But, we will see how long this project will take us.
Hayden has been so confused since we cleaned out the nursery and painted. He keeps asking me when "Little Brother" will be here. Everytime the doorbell rings he asks me if it is little brother? (Yea, I wish it was that easy) We went to a party a few weeks ago and I was naming all the kids that would be there and he said "Will Little Brother be there?" and last of all I think he had a dream about him the other night because when he woke up and ran to the living room and asked, "Where is little brother?" I told him he isnt here yet, and he started crying and said "yes he is" and ran into our bedroom and bath and was looking for him. Maybe the veil is thinner than we think!
Other than that I am feeling well, just started to get very uncomfortable. I went to the dr. yesterday and I was supposed to get checked because I will be 35 weeks on thursday. Well, my appt. was on tuesday this week and they wouldnt check me because I have to be 35 weeks and I am only 34 weeks and 5 days!! LAME! I was ticked, but oh well I guess I will know more next week when I go!
Anyway, kind of a random post. But I am still alive and doing well, just counting down the days for little brother!!

8 comments:

Amanda Habel said...

I know how the slumps go. We don't get out much either. I relly don't want the girls getting sick. Good luck with the next few weeks of pregnancy. They are always the funnest!!

Erin Stones said...

I remember being right where you are at just one year ago. My baby is going to 1 in just under two weeks- crazy where the time goes! Anyway, I sent you an invite to our blog, I hope that you got it! Good luck with these last few weeks. I hope that everything goes well!

Salina said...

I hear you about the winter slump! I just wish spring would get here already! I can't believe you are down to the last 5 weeks! Just seems like yesterday...well to me it does! And you really should post pictures, the room is adorable! Even without the crib in it yet!!!! Good luck in the next few weeks...remember holler if you need anything! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Michelle said...

Hang in there! Hayden is so cute, that's great he's so excited for "little brother." If you need a post-baby (or even pre-baby) vacation come visit us in St. George!!! It's been in the 60s all week--perfect way to beat the winter blues.

Natalie Carver said...

Such a cute post! I was so happy to see that you put up a new one! Hayden is so stinkin cute! I cant wait to see pics of the nursery and of you!!!! I hope all is well and if there is anything that I can do let me know

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain. I started begging to be induced 2 weeks before my due date. Finally he induced be a glorious 5 days early. I am impressed that you already have the nursery done, someday we will finish Chloe's nursery :-)

McKenzie said...

Poor Hayden is going to be so disappointed when you bring a baby home instead of a puppy!

Colby and Dani said...

Aren't the last few weeks of pregnancy LOOOOOONG?! Well, glad to hear that everything is going well, other than the uncomfy nearly-nine months prego feeling...so cute that Hayden is so excited for his Little Brother!